Do you have a favorite casual go-to restaurant? Ours is a local wing place that makes the best crispy hot wings. Crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside…and HOT!
My absolute favorite is their hot & spicy 5 Alarm Sauce.
If you love sauces that go beyond a few splashes of Frank’s Red Hot or Tabasco, you’ll love this 5 Alarm Sauce, because it’s loaded with extra spicy goodies like habaneros, jalapenos, red pepper flakes, horseradish, cayenne and cumin (and the list goes on)!
Not in the mood for hot wings?
That’s fine too! This sauce goes great as dressing on a salad, a philly sandwich, a big juicy burger or even cheese fries!
In celebration of my favorite sauce (5 Alarm!) and the month of May (the 5th month!), I’ll be bringing you at least 5 new recipes that highlight this tongue teasing, tastebud tantalizing, habanero-jalapeno-horseradish hot sauce. And, if you love your hot sauces extra-hot like I do – this may become your new go-to recipe!
p.s. if you haven’t caught on by now, this sauce is hot…proceed with caution!
- 1 cup red hot sauce (Frank’s Red Hot, Tabasco, etc.)
- ½ stick margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh habanero
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix on medium speed until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Serve, or chill until ready to serve.
- *Makes 1 and ½ cups of hot wing sauce.*