Aren’t these red, white and blue parfaits absolutely festive and so perfect for Memorial Day?
These babies barely made being photographed before I quickly put down the camera and devoured what was in front of me. I simply couldn’t resist how fresh and flavorful they looked.
How could anyone possibly resist when you start with the freshest, plumpest, brightest red strawberries that were so ripe, they were begging to be eaten? Begging! I’m telling you – I heard them.
And it didn’t help that the blueberries were busting at the seams with juiciness and their pop-in-your-mouth irresistible selves. Adding the vanilla yogurt with an extra dollop of vanilla bean paste coupled with the creamy, decadent and mouth-watering cool whip seemed absolutely natural. Needed.
And, I could hardly wait to dig in.
Doesn’t summertime just scream for fresh berries and lighter weight recipes? Yet, what foodie wants to sacrifice taste?
The good news is, with these parfaits, you don’t have to. They are as simple, light, delicious and colorful as they look. And they are fabulous.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ of an (8 ounce) container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed, tops removed and sliced
- 3 cups fresh whole blueberries, rinsed and pat dry
- Mix the yogurt, vanilla bean paste and whipped topping in a medium size bowl.
- Place a layer of berries in a serving dish, top with filling mixture and then another layer of berries. Continue to add layers, alternating berries until your serving dish is full.