Summer vacation nearly always calls for a trip to Montana.
I get so fired up in anticipation to visit my favorite restaurants, and the endless list plays like an never-ending reel in my head for weeks in advance.
I can’t play favorites, because I love them all, but what I can tell you is…there will definitely be visits and eatin’ goin’ on at:
- Texas Roadhouse
- Rib & Chop House and
- Kings Hat
I’ve got to get me one of those Kings Hat flying pizza burgers. It just wouldn’t be a trip to Montana without a visit to enjoy one of my favorite treats.
I think I’ll just eat my way through Montana and when I’m all done, I’ll probably have to roll myself home.
Now don’t worry! I’m going to bring you a recipe from each of these restaurants. It’s as close as I can come to taking you with me.
In the meantime, I plan to bide my time with a few of these down home Cinnamon & Nutmeg Pecan Cookies, and reminisce about Refrigerator Cookies (similar to these) from my my childhood.
- 2 and ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup organic extra-virgin coconut oil*
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste**
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and coconut oil on medium speed for 30 seconds or until well blended. Add both sugars and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat well. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating until well combined. Fold in nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool at least 1 minute before removing from the cookie sheet to a cooling rack. Makes 2 and ½ to 3 dozen cookies.
**You can substitute the same amount of vanilla for the vanilla bean paste.