It’s probably not a real shocker for you that I love everything chipotle.
The spicy, smoky chili when added to a dish adds such a complex blend of flavors and richness.
And although I do have an un-dying love of my Honey & Jalapeno Coleslaw, for fall, I wanted to come up with something different to account for the crisp, chilly air.
Smoky chipotles were just the right ingredient.
This coleslaw is absolutely delicious alone, but it is really phenomenal when paired with white fish tacos! It also goes really great with simple grilled chicken.
The chipotle peppers in this dish transforms a simple coleslaw recipe, above and beyond, the typical summer slaws seen at picnics.
This one will surely bring a warmth and fall flavor to an all-time classic favorite.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 and ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 to 6 chipotle chiles (canned), minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the can
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (16-ounce) bag shredded cabbage (coleslaw)
- 7 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup tightly packed chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, molasses, sugar, minced chili, adobo sauce and salt in a medium bowl until thoroughly blended.
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, green onions, and chopped cilantro.
- Pour dressing over salad mix and toss well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours).
- Before serving, garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Adapted from Cooking Light @ Chipotle Coleslaw.