Today is National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day and here at IK, we are celebrating!
- National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day (of course)
- But more importantly, we are celebrating friends
I lllooovvveee cheesecake, so when I saw that October 21st was National Pumpkin Cheesecake day, I had to participate. But…if there is one other person that loves cheesecake more than I do, it’s my friend at Honey & Figs Kitchen. She is crazy about cheesecake.
If you’ve never checked her site out, I highly recommend that you do. She has some amazing recipes like these:
- Japanese Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake Popsicles
- Mixed Berries Cheesecake
- Fruit Skewers & Nutella Cheesecake Dip
- Cheesecake with Sour Cherry-Vanilla Topping
See? I told you this girl loved cheesecake! And, I didn’t even list them all!
So, in honor of National Pumpkin Cheesecake day and my friend at Honey & Figs Kitchen, I humbly share this Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake with Candied Walnuts.
Because, I think it might be the only cheesecake she hasn’t made yet.
- 2 (5.5 ounce) packages butter shortbread cookies
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canned dulce de leche
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 and ½ cups chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- ½ cup canned dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add shortbread cookies and walnuts to a food processor and process until finely ground. Place in a medium bowl and stir in melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Remove and set on a rack to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed with an electric misture until creamy and well-blended. Add dulce de leche and beat at low speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until the yolk disappears after each addition. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and cloves and beat until thoroughly blended. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until almost set. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven with the door partially open for 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven and gently run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. (Do not remove the springform ring yet!) Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Whisk egg white, sugar and cinnamon until foamy. Fold in walnuts and coat thoroughly. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 26 – 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on pan (rouhgly 30 minutes). Remove walnuts from parchment paper and break into small pieces.
- Beat ½ cup whipping cream until foamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Transfer chilled cheesecake to a serving plate. Spread topping over cheesecake.
- Combine ½ cup dulce de leche and remaining ¼ cup whipping cream in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until smooth. Drizzle dulce de leche sauce over topping and sprinkle with candied walnuts.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe modified from Cooking Light @ Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake.