Oh you guysssss…. I just found my new secret love.
I guess it’s not-so-secret any more, because I’m going to share it with you.
I know, right? You’re welcome. Welcome to silk in a glass.
With peanut butter.
And yummy deliciousness.
This smoothie is so creamy and silky. Smooooothhhh and undeniably delicious. I swear it is THE best pumpkin smoothie I’ve ever had. It’s absolutely perfect for breakfast, because it’s not to sweet, nor to rich. The pumpkin, peanut butter and banana make it perfectly filling and satisfying. I think you’ll love it.
I’m so happy about fall! Aren’t you? Bring on the pumpkins!
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin, chilled
- ½ cup ice cubes (about 8 ice cubes)
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 generous tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 small pinch of ground cloves
- 1 ripe banana
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients (through banana) in a blender, and process until smooth. Garnish with dash of ground nutmeg, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light My Recipes @ Banana Pumpkin Smoothie.