Game day brought great things – not just for the Seahawks, but for uuuusssss.
Becauseeeee, I’m pretty sure you’re going to love this.
Low-fat, very spicy and FABulous – with only 1 tablespoon of light mayonnaise!
And serranos. Who doesn’t love serranos?
Now, here’s the important part! Don’t forget to invite Frank. It’s the perfect blend of flavor and heat. It says so right there on the bottle!
And…, I heard Frank always loves a good party. I like a good party animal.
Now, get ready to get jiggy with it and put the lime in the coconut.
But first, you need to squeeze the dickens out of those limes.
Poor little things. They didn’t have a chance with the lime crusher.
Oh! And, of course, the decadent crab must make an appearance. Fashionably late.
See?…it’s all dressed up for the ocassion. I am lovvvvvin‘ the red!
Gently fold it all together and spoon it into those perfect bite-sized phyllo cups. You know how I love those!
Just the way we like it.
- ½ pound cooked lump crab meat
- ½ cup scallion, diced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons serrano pepper, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ tablespoon lime juice (1/2 of a lime)
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package Phyllo cups
- * chopped serrano for garnish (optional)
- * chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- * chopped avocado for garnish (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine crab, scallion, serrano pepper, mayonnaise, hot sauce, lime juice and Old Bay Seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate crab mixture for 30 minutes + to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon crab mixture into Phyllo cups and top with serrano peppers, avocados or chopped chives for garnish.
Recipe adapted from The Culinary Chronicles @ Spicy Crab & Avocado Salad.