Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs & Georgia’s Photo Shoot

Perfect hard boiled eggs with a creamy center and beautiful color by using a simple cooking method.

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs | Inspiration KitchenYou guys…I have so much to tell you – but first, I want you to meet sweet, baby Georgia!

Georgia | Kristi Kaiser PhotographyIf you love baby horses (especially ones with blue eyes), you will love this photo shoot!

(p.s. If you love her as much as I do, we’d love it if you’d leave a shout-out on her page and share it!)

Ok, on to the 2nd order of business.  I need your help.  Tell me…, should I do the 365 Project?

Project 365 Jamaica | Kristi Kaiser PhotographyI’d love your opinion.  Do I need another project in my life?  Can I find 365 photos, one to shoot every.single.day of the week?

So, why would I even consider such a daunting task?  (I’m a glutton for punishment, maybe?)  :-)

Excellent question!  Well, because …

1. I am loving the photography and editing process
  2. I want to get better and improve my photography skills
  3. I want to shoot something other than food (shock of nations, right?:-)
  4. it holds me accountable and committed to doing something I love
  5. why not?

So help me dear friends…  Yes?   No?   Thoughts?   = 365 Project Challenge?

Ok, let’s get on to cooking the perfect egg, which you probably all know how to do.  But since I can’t ever seem to remember, the bottom of this post is for me.  :-)

Hopefully one of you will find it useful too!

p.s.  My favorite eggs to use are Egglands Best, but any eggs will do. Do you have a favorite brand?

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs | Inspiration KitchenCover them with 1″ of cool water.

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs | Inspiration KitchenFollow the instructions below, then get ready to plunge the finished eggs into a cold water bath to stop the cooking.  I use a colander like this.

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs | Inspiration KitchenDon’t you love how creamy the yolk is? Perfect yellow (no gray) and perfectly done!

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs | Inspiration KitchenSliced in half, they’re ready to use in Deviled Eggs, sliced on a Salad, or mashed for an Egg Salad sandwich.  Or just use them for snackng!

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs | Inspiration KitchenEnjoy!

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs

Tips:

• Fresh eggs are way harder to peel
  • If you get gray around the yolk, it’s because the egg is over-cooked

Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs

Get perfect hard-boiled eggs every time. A high protein treat for appetizers, breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks!
Author:
Ingredients
  • 6 to 12 eggs
Instructions
  1. Place eggs in a large saucepan. Do not overcrowd them! Cover eggs with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat. When water reaches a boil, cover saucepan and remove from heat. Let stand 12 minutes.
  2. Transfer eggs to a colander and place under cool running water to stop the cooking.
  3. Eggs can be peeled and served immediately.
Notes
Cooking eggs on medium heat until boiling will take 15-20 minutes. Then, let the eggs stand covered for 12 additional minutes after removing from heat.

Recipe from Martha Stewart at How To Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs

Comments

• says

Thanks Renee! I was raised with horses, so I am a huge fan! The 365 challenge – want to join me? :-) Have a wonderful (and safe) 4th!

1. says

Wow, Kraiit those a beautiful photos. A 365 project sounds awesome! Definitely go for it!! I have a friend tha is doing a one sec a day for 365 video. It’s such an awesome way to document life.
    Have a great weekend!!
    Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foods recently posted…BLT Potato SaladMy Profile

• says

Thank you Cindy! I’m really proud of the photos – I’m so glad you like them. 365 Project does sound like a good idea – I just hope I can stay committed! :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

2. says

Georgia is so beautiful, and so are those photos! You did a great job, and the cat is so pretty, too. :) You love projects, and that photo a day sounds like the perfect way to tap even further into your photography. Go for it! I don’t know how many hard boiled eggs I’ve over boiled in my life, but it’s a lot — they’re so chalky when they’re over done. :( Great how-to on getting them just right. :)
    marcie recently posted…Star Spangled Berry Hand Pies {Farmer’s Market Friday}My Profile

• says

Thanks Marcie! I’m really proud of Georgia’s photos – and Jammies (the cat) is my baby, so it’s hard for me to not catch him at the perfect moment since I’m focused on him all the time. He doesn’t make a move without me knowing it! Including posing! :-)

• says

Consuelo – I’d ask you to join me on the photography challenge, but your photos are already amazing! And, thanks for the compliments on Jamaica…he is my baby. :-) I capture him every single second I can. :-)

3. says

Hello Kristi!

Wow – I’ve never seen a horse as distinctive looking as Georgia and your photos of her are lovely. It must have been fun to spend the day with her. Did you take her home?? And of course, Jamaica looks so sweet. I love your challenge, especially your reasons for taking it on and YES you should go for it. You’re amazing!
    Heather Murchison recently posted…Diwali- Festival of LightsMy Profile

• says

Thank you Heather! Yes, I wanted to take Georgia home ~ but she stayed with her family! Thanks for the compliments on Jamaica. The 365, oh yes ~ I am doing it! You should join me with all your beautiful travels! :-)

• says

Thank you Christin! I don’t like peeling them either ~ I am sssooo with you on that! Ok, I’m doing the challenge. Care to join me? :-) Have a fun week!

4. says

Georgia is just so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! HER EYES!!!!!!!!!!!! And your cat!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 You TOTALLLLLLY have to take the 365 day challenge!!!!!!!! You'll get to do what you love EVERY SINGLE DAY! And that is just the best thing ever! <3 I love having hard boiled eggs but most of the times I end up getting gray yolks! I am sure that is going to change now! 😀
    Samina | The Cupcake Confession recently posted…Sticky Lamb ChopsMy Profile

• says

Ok, you’ve convinced me – I’m doing the 365 day challenge. Thank you for the compliments on Georgia and Jamaica! I do love the photography, so the challenge is probably the best thing for me. :-)