Sweet, rich Candied Pecans are baked with a butter, cinnamon and sugar glaze that makes for an amazing tasting snack.
You guys, I am totally setting you up for something good.
I fell in love with not only the taste, but also the colors of these pecans. This is what they look like right before you slide them into the oven. Gorgeous, yes? It totally reminds me of fall ~ which is just around the corner. I can already see the leaves changing color. Can you?
Wow, how time flies! Didn’t summer just get here?
First ~ let me just say. These Candied Pecans by themselves are simply amazing. And highly addictive. And way-too-easily-poppable.
They’re so addictive in fact, they’re the ‘get out your eatin’ pants‘ kind of good.
You know the type. You’ve been here before.
And, when they’re mixed with um, uh, other delectable treats, they are blow your mind good (hint, hint…coming next week!). So, that’s why I’m asking you to make them…, so that you’ll come back for next week’s post and get on my totally addictive train.
Trust me, you don’t want to be left at the station and miss it.
What you’ll love about these is – they are really easy to make and they make such a great snack.
Your kids will love them!
All up, with prep time and cooking time, you can have fresh, sweet, candied pecans within the hour. Which makes them great for parties or get-togethers too ~ just place them in cute little cups and they are perfect for grab-and-go socializing!
I don’t know about you, but for me, these are going to be tough to share!
p.s. Make these early next week and set aside 1 and 1/2 cups of these pecans for next week’s post. Trust me!
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place pecans in a shallow baking pan in a 250° oven for 10 minutes or until warmed.
- Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- Grease the sides of a large heavy saucepan with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Add sugar, water, salt and cinnamon and cook over low heat, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn heat to medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes to dissolve all sugar crystals.
- Continue to cook (without stirring) until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage). Remove pan from the heat and add vanilla. Stir in warm pecans until evenly coated.
- Spread pecans onto the prepared baking pan. Bake at 250° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove and spread pecans onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool.
Recipe modified from Taste of Home @ Candied Pecans.