This One Skillet Cheeseburger Pasta is filled with cheese, ground hamburger, tomatoes, green onions with rotini pasta – it’s super easy to throw together and great for a weeknight!
What’s your favorite One Skillet recipe?
When the weather changes, and there’s a crisp chill in the air, there’s one thing I want. Comfort food.
Seriously. I mean it. This makes a LOT.
Oh and Pinterest. I want Pinterest too.
Are you addicted to Pinterest like I am? I hope so, because I’ve been power pinning for you guys because I feel so guilty I haven’t brought you any Pumpkin recipes. Bad Kristi!
But…in my defense, I’ve been pinning some great recipes for you guys, so I’m hoping you are following all my boards. And, if you aren’t, here’s a few new ones I think you’ll like: Skillet Dishes, Slow Cooker, and find great pumpkin recipes here: Bars, Cakes, Cheesecake, Cookies, and Cupcakes.
If you want to follow them all, Follow Inspiration Kitchen on Pinterest. I highly recommend it.
And, don’t deny yourself a visit to my all time favorite Peanut Butter & Banana Pumpkin Smoothie.
Whew, I feel better now that i’ve given you some pumpkin recipes to chew on!
Back to this pasta…what I really wanted was Chicken Fried Steak with a heavy white gravy ~ but I had none of those ingredients in the house. 😉 Despite the fact it was warm inside, I needed me some soul food! Sore throats and horrible earache be gone! Out with you!!! I’m going to spice you out!!!
Yes, this One Skillet Cheeseburger Pasta was exactly what I needed. Steaming, piping hot, cheesey goodness in a skillet.
Forget the bowls, just grab a fork. Yes?
Now, I’ve got to get back to Pinterest so I can pin you some pumpkin recipes that I didn’t make!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced (roughly 2 cups)
- ½ cup jalapeno, diced (**optional, see note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth or 1 (14.5 ounce) can
- ¼ cup spicy ketchup (*see note)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef, onions and jalapeno and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, crumbling the beef as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and drain excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, ketchup, Dijon mustard, pasta and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil; cover, then reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately, garnished with tomato and green onions, if desired.
**We used ½ cup of diced jalapenos, because we like spicy. Feel free to omit them from this recipe.
Recipe modified from Damn Delicious @ One Pot Cheeseburger Casserole.