These Honey Chipotle Roasted Carrots are sweet like honey, with a spicy, smoky chipotle kick. Perfectly roasted in 10-15 minutes, you’ll have a great side dish for your holiday table.
Do you ever eat roasted carrots as a side dish?
I asked you guys that question for a reason. You see, I’m not a fan of carrots.
But, hear me out. 🙂 I’m going out on a limb here, being real with you guys.
I think carrots are great in the right application (like carrot cake, soups and stews). But IMHO, they need to be used in moderation to enhance a dish. For example, I don’t believe they should go in Mexican food. #justmyhumbleopinion
Case in point.
Several local Mexican restaurants put carrots in their Chicken Carnitas. Really? In Chicken Carnitas?
Friends, I just don’t think they belong there! Carrots add a sweetness to a dish, and you all know how much I love me some savory!
Thus…, the reason for these Honey Chipotle Roasted Carrots. These carrots with a kick? These babies are speaking my love language. Sweet, spicy, savory. Pardon me while I drool.
They’re crispy and crunchy on the outside, and soft in the center. You will love the texture and zing these bring! The honey caramelizes and cools down the smoky pop of chipotle. Perfection!
Thanksgiving typically brings some awesome savory flavors to the table – herbed turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, popovers, etc. But rarely do you get the punch of a spicy, sweet, yet savory dish that delivers flavor all on it’s own.
And, depending on how fancy you decorate your table, you can cut them up like I did, or you can spice them and cook them whole like this. The extra leafy greens make an elegant side dish if you have a looooong, fancy-schmancy, decorative plate to present them!
For me, during the holidays, I prefer to keep it easy.
Let me tell you the 5 things you’ll love about these…
- they are simple to make
- they’re only 5 ingredients
- you can make them ahead and heat them day-of
- you probably have the ingredients on hand
- you won’t really even know you’re eating carrots 🙂
They’re crunchy, spicy, savory, soft and so colorful! They really bring the bright orange colors of fall to your Thanksgiving table.
Do you look for new, exciting dishes to serve in addition to your traditional Thanksgiving favorites at your holiday table?
I know I do!
- 1 and ½ pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ to 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (*see note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix olive oil, honey, chipotle powder and salt together in a small bowl.
- Peel carrots, remove tops, and cut in half. Then cut into 2" pieces.
- Place carrots on baking sheet and brush all sides with the glaze, keeping carrots in a single layer.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until desired doneness (**see note).
**I baked my carrots exactly 13 minutes and they were perfect - soft with just a bit of a crunch.