This rich, decadent Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge Sundae Brownie is perfect for your Valentine’s Day love – topped with an amazing Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Hot Fudge Sauce.
Celebrating your Valentine’s Day with rich and decadent Ghirardelli Chocolate melted into a mouth-watering Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge Sauce layered on top of Dark Chocolate Brownies…can you think of anything more decadent than that? I can’t!
And, when I think of indulgent, there is little in the world that compares to Ghirardelli’s rich, decadent, creamy dark chocolate. It alone is simple and pure indulgence. But, when you melt it down into a creamy fudge sauce? That’s a Valentine’s Day made in heaven!
And, with Valentine’s Day and lots of love just around the corner, I couldn’t possibly think of a more perfect sweet treat for your Valentine than a Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge Sundae Brownie.
What I love about this indulgent recipe, is that you get the triple threat of chocolate! Ghirardelli Chocolate, used 3 different ways.
Are you ready for your all-star line-up? Let’s do this!
- Ghirardelli Chocolate 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Ghirardelli Valentine’s Impressions
Before we start talking about making this sweet treat for your loved one, I want to share one of my favorite Valentine’s Day memories.
In middle-school, a boy named Wade had a big-time crush on me, and everyone knew it (especially his parents). So one Valentine’s Day, they dropped him off at the end of the road (we all lived waaaaay out in the country then, and that’s just how you did it on the ranch – you dropped people off!). Wade walked all the way down the road carrying chocolate chip cookies that he’d made to share with me.
But, what he and his parents didn’t know is – we weren’t home! Poor Wade sat on that front porch waiting for me to come home for four hours (there were no cell phones then…they just planned to pick him up 4 hours later)! By the time I arrived, his heart was broken and he’d eaten all the cookies! But it was the sweetest love story and a Valentine’s Impression I will never forget! I don’t know for sure if those cookies were made with Ghirardelli chocolate chips or not, but if they were, I might’ve been home a whole lot faster!
Now, fast forward several years, and it was time for me to make a big-time impression to the love of my life – you know him as ‘The Husband’.
But first, I have a confession to make that’s <gulp> kind of embarrasing. This is how I ate it right here. Hey I had to test the recipe, didn’t I? You know…for a little quality control?
Don’t judge! It is Valentine’s Day and it’s only once a year. So, if one wants to have a shot of Dark Chocolate liquid goodness, one should! One totally should.
And, it was so good, that’s exactly how I intend to serve it to The Husband this Valentine’s Day! That’s how much I love ya, baby! After that, I know that all I will see are throbbing ♥ ♥ ♥ hearts ♥ ♥ ♥ in his eyes!
Trust me on this one…pour that Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge Sauce in a shot glass, topped with a cherry and slam it! You won’t be sorry. And you don’t have to wait on the porch four hours before you do it either!
You all know my long-time love of Ghirardelli Chocolate! It’s my primary go-to chocolate for recipes like these:
And, regardless of whether I use the dark, milk or white chocolate, if it’s Ghirardelli, I just know it’s going to be good! Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Premium Chocolate Baking Chips will ensure the best taste and texture to any baked treat or decadent confection.
Somehow, I think it did!
- 1 (10-ounce) bag Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup real butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste**
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) box Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- cooking spray
- any vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries
- mint leaves
- Add chocolate chips, evaporated milk and sugar to a medium-size sauce pan and heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and chocolate is melted. Do not let boil, but it will simmer at the edges of the pan.
- Immediately remove from heat when hot, add butter, vanilla bean paste and salt. Stir until thoroughly melted and blended. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 13" x 9" x 2" glass baking dish generously with cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, add water, vegetable oil and egg and whisk until thoroughly blended. Add dry ingredients from Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix and blend until mixed well.
- Pour evenly into the prepared glass baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven, set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Cut brownies into serving size squares and place one brownie on a serving plate. Top with ice cream, then another brownie.
- Pour hot fudge sauce over the brownies and top with whipped cream, a maraschino cherry and decorate with mint leaves.
Also, be sure to use Vanilla Bean Paste for superior quality!!!
Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge Sundae Brownie
Ghirardelli Valentine’s Impressions
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.