These semi-sweet Hazelnut Praline Chocolate Truffles are rich, decadent and indulgent. They’re the perfect sweet to honor your mother this Mother’s Day, and they are perfect served with a chilled bottle of Gloria Ferrer Blanc De Noirs Champage. Will you be toasting your mother this Mother’s Day?
Tell me – what is your ideal Mother’s Day?
What I love about this question is, if you ask any number of moms what their ideal Mother’s Day looks like, you will likely get a dozen, if not hundreds or thousands, of different answers.
When I asked the moms I know, I heard all sorts of answers:
- I just want to have enough time to take a long, hot shower.
- I’d be overjoyed if they would wash my car and vacuum the carpet.
- Anything they do that is especially for me is more than enough.
Can you relate?
I was ssssoooo humbled to know these amazing women (my friends!), are entirely, eternally, and completely grateful for the smallest sign of appreciation from their children, that some of us often take for granted.
I’m not a mom myself (except of fur babies), but when I look at mothers, I am awed at their unconditional love, unending patience and fierce protection of their children. It’s truly inspiring and incredibly humbling.
Yet, when I think of my mom, what I do know is, that she is always the one I call when I need her, will always forgive me when I’ve done wrong, and will always be my biggest cheerleader when I need it the most.
Her capacity for love is beyond all reason. That’s what being a mother is all about.
I think great moms are like that. Don’t you?
So, come Mother’s Day, it’s important to me to recognize all of that goodness and want to do what I know would make her happy for a change. And since every mom is different, don’t worry about doing it right – because the good news is, there is no secret formula.
Just do what she would love, because she already loves you more than enough.
Isn’t that the most comforting of thoughts?
So, in honor of this Mother’s Day, I want to treat my mom with champagne and chocolates.
I want her to rest, be pampered, be loved and to not worry about me.
I want her to feel as comfortable, safe and loved as she’s made me feel my entire life. I can’t think of a greater gift. Can you?
So, when I was offered the opportunity to work with Gloria Ferrer, I knew this Blanc De Noirs would be the perfect pairing for these Hazelnut Praline Chocolate Truffles, to honor my mother on Mother’s Day.
The decadent, bitter-sweet chocolate with a mix of buttery, rich hazelnut pralines make a perfect match with this blend of 92% Pinot Noir/8% Chardonnay. This lively, bubbly Champagne was crisp, light and fruity – and it was so deliciously smooth with a persistent finish. In all the Champagnes I’ve ever enjoyed, this was our clear favorite.
I can just imagine sitting outdoors for a relaxing afternoon, sipping Champagne and enjoying chocolates while we spend a day with our moms!
The flavor of this Blanc De Noirs blend is best described as having bright strawberry and black cherry aromas with subtle vanilla highlights. Can you imagine anything more perfect than that to enjoy with a decadent, bitter-sweet Hazelnut Praline Chocolate Truffle?
No worries, I’ll wait. I’ll give you a minute while you dream about that perfect combination!
Wine & Spirits Magazine says that a bottle of Gloria Ferrer bubbly has 44 million bubbles in it. I didn’t dare count, but what I do know is, that’s a lot of bubbly!
Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is. Your moms will be too.
I was thrilled to be offered this sparkling opportunity to work with Gloria Ferrer on a unique Mother’s Day recipe. And, I know you will love this selection.
Did you know that Gloria Ferrer wines have earned over 400 gold medals and 50 90+ scores in the last 5 years? Now, that’s impressive! But, after one taste, I know why.
Want to join in on the fun? Then, join the Gloria Ferrer Mother’s Day Photo Contest! It’s a chance to say thanks to more than just one glorious mom in your life – anyone from Grandmothers and Great-Grandmothers, to Wives and Close Friends.
For you readers – I raise a sparkling toast to all of you! Who will you be making a sparkling toast to this Mother’s Day?
- ½ to ¾ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup butter, cubed
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- 2 egg yolks
- ¾ to 1 cup chopped pralines (recipe above)
- sweetened cocoa powder**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast in oven 10 minutes, stirring 3-4 times to get even color on all sides. When done, remove from oven, let cool, then finely chop and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat sugar and water together over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and cook until golden. Stir in chopped hazelnuts and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- When thoroughly mixed, pour hazelnut mixture on parchment paper into an even layer. Let cool and then crush into small pieces.
- In a medium size saucepan, combine butter with whipping cream. Cook on low heat until butter melts and cream starts to bubble at the edges.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Cover and let stand until chocolate melts, stirring once or twice until thoroughly melted. Stir until smooth. Add egg yolks (one at a time). Stir over low heat until glossy. Mixture will be tepid in temperature. Remove from heat; fold in crushed pralines. Refrigerate until firm.
- Form into evenly sized balls. Roll in sweetened cocoa powder and coat completely (this may require you roll them a few times). Chill until firm.
**Use sweetened cocoa powder with this recipe for the best flavor. The sweetened cocoa powder counter-balances the bittersweet chocolate for the perfect finish.
Hazelnut Praline Chocolate Truffles
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.